Small Drinking Water Systems

Small drinking water systems include restaurants, seasonal trailer parks, summer camps, community centres, libraries, gas stations, motels, churches and many other public facilities. If you are not sure whether your system is included, call the Huron County Health Unit.

As an owner of a small drinking water system, it is your responsibility to provide safe water to the public. You must notify the health unit if you’re the owner of a small drinking water system. The health unit will explain the requirements of the Act and the regulation you need to follow. They will refer you to the small drinking water system identification form to complete and send in to the health unit. The health unit will arrange a time for inspection and go over all information you need to know, including:

If you have a question please call us at 519.482.3416 or toll-free at 1.877.837.6143. Ask to speak to a public health inspector on the Environmental Health team.