Health and learning go hand in hand. Healthy learners:
- Have more positive relationships
- Have better school attendance
- Feel better about themselves
- Enjoy more academic success
The Huron County Health Unit partners with schools to build healthy environments for learning, playing, and growing. We offer in-school programs, resources, and support to help promote healthy living in the classroom and in our schools. We also have resources and supports available for educators.
Our public health nurses work with the unique strengths and needs of each school. We work with everyone to improve the health of the school community.
We work with staff to:
- Support curriculum and policy implementation
- Assess workplace health and safety
We work with students to:
- Empower students to create a positive and healthy school environment
We work with parents to:
- Provide parent education sessions and workshops
- Assess priority areas needing resources and support
We work with the individuals, groups, and organizations in the community to:
- Promote healthy development of children and youth
Contact your school to see how you can get involved to make your school healthier.
If you have a question please call us at 519.482.3416 or toll-free at 1.877.837.6143. Ask to speak to a public health nurse on the School Health team.