Current employment opportunities
There are currently no employment opportunities at the Huron County Health Unit. Please check back again.
Current volunteer opportunities
Volunteers are a valuable resource to the Huron County Health Unit, its staff, and clients. If you are looking to gain new skills or knowledge, share some of your talents, make a difference in your community and have fun, consider volunteering with us!
Call 519.482.3416 or 1.877.837.6143 to learn more about volunteer opportunities at the Health Unit.
As a youth volunteer or co-op student with Huron County Health Unit your responsibilities may include:
- Working with the youth engagement coordinator and teams to create projects and initiatives local youth would benefit from
- Assisting in the implementation of specific projects and initiatives, especially where it involves reaching out to youth
- Providing a youth outlook on current issues, proposed projects or initiatives
- Offering feedback to teams on already developed youth focused materials, projects or initiatives
- Engaging other youth/peers in initiatives/projects
Teen Esteem Volunteer
Are you an adult female who may be interested in a short-term volunteer commitment for six weeks?
- Donate your time one lunch hour a week for a six-week session
- Facilitate discussion and lead students in interactive games and activities that are outlined in a manual designed by public health nurses
- Session topics include self-esteem, communication, healthy relationships, stress management, social media and goal setting
- Orientation and training is provided by a public health nurse and a public health nurse is present at every session
Volunteer applications are made to the Huron County Health Unit and may be sent to hchu [at] huroncounty.ca